The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) is an independent statutory authority that will improve the learning of all young Australians through world-class school curriculum, assessment and reporting.
ACARA is responsible for:
- national curriculum from Kindergarten to Year 12 in specified learning areas
- national assessment program aligned to the national curriculum that measures students’ progress
- national data collection and reporting program that supports
- analysis, evaluation, research and resource allocation; and
- accountability and reporting on schools and broader national achievement