The greatest impression on a child’s education occurs during their early childhood education. All children are learning sponges during early childhood education: new experiences, new concepts, new behaviours, and new relationships are soaked up and ensure their future education is bright.
Early childhood education prepares the child for their lifelong journey of learning by establishing a strong basis that is the core of our identity: belonging to our community, being ourselves and becoming a confident person.
There are many benefits of early childhood learning
1. Relationships with people other than the child’s family are developed in a safe environment. By introducing children to other children we support their transition into their own friendship groups. The earlier this happens the sooner children overcome shyness and gain self-confidence.
2. Children are given time and opportunities to learn how to cooperate, share, take turns and persevere within a safe learning environment.
3. Our educators identify areas of learning that Encourage a strong foundation for a child’s emotional, social, physical and mental development. Where a child needs support programs are built to aid each child.
4. When early childhood education is fun and exciting, educators are able to encourage children to be effective learners and gain an enthusiasm for lifelong Learning. A love of reading, learning, discovery takes root in preschool.
5. Educators help children grasp the value of learning and education by setting an example as role models and by providing actual experiences.
6. Early Childhood education creates a consistent, secure and fair social environment. Alongside this children are given clear expectations and predictable consequences. This environment allows children to develop skills in managing themselves and their emotions.
7. Early childhood education develops an idea of individual wellbeing in children, giving them confidence, optimism and self-esteem. Well being then encourages children to explore their talents, skills and interests.
Positive interactions with other children and teachers promotes a positive, healthy and secure view of themselves as individuals.
8. Valuing difference and diversity are crucial to a child’s early development. Early childhood education guides a child’s appreciation and acceptance of differences in others. Children begins understand that everyone is unique and special in their own way with their own culture, beliefs and ethnicity.